Facts About South Field Energy
Following are vital Energy, Environment, Employment and Economic facts and figures about South Field Energy:
- Project is a low-carbon combined-cycle natural gas electric generating facility.
- The facility will produce 1,182 megawatts, enough to power more than 1,000,000 homes.
- State-of-the-art General Electric turbine technology will be utilized.
- Combined-cycle design produces electricity efficiently – capturing waste heat to create additional electricity in the steam turbine.
- “Efficient generation from a small footprint.” Facility is located on less than 20 acres, set back 3,500 feet from Route 45 on a 150-acre parcel with nearby electrical and gas interconnections.
- The facility meets National Ambient Air Quality Standards that protect public health and the environment.
- Efficient cooling to minimize water consumption and wastewater discharge.
- Up to 1,000 construction jobs over the construction period.
- When in operation, creates 25-30 full-time jobs.
- Engineering, management, operations personnel will be hired.
- South Field Energy will be a $1.1 billion capital investment in Columbiana County.
- An Enterprise Zone Agreement will provide long-term, stable local tax revenue.
- Strengthens local infrastructure by purchase of water and sewer services.
- Benefits Columbiana County economy from direct purchase of goods and services.
- Positive impact from direct, indirect and induced economic stimuli.